$500 Visa Gift Card Offer
What would you do with $500 back in your pocket?
For a limited time, get a $500 Visa gift card with a HomeEquity Bank reverse mortgage.
In order to receive the $500 Visa gift card (the “Offer”), your application for a reverse mortgage with HomeEquity Bank must be received by HomeEquity Bank between October 1, 2020 and October 30, 2020 and the reverse mortgage must fund by November 20, 2020. The Offer is available across all mortgage terms and products. Your application is deemed to have been received by HomeEquity Bank on the date the appraisal of your property is ordered
This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other HomeEquity Bank’s promotions or offers.
The Offer is limited to new clients only who fund a reverse mortgage from HomeEquity Bank. To be eligible, HomeEquity Bank must have received your reverse mortgage application between October 1, 2020 and October 30, 2020 and the reverse mortgage must fund by November 20, 2020. Your application is deemed to have been received by HomeEquity Bank on the date the appraisal of your property is ordered.
This Offer is only valid if you proceed and fund a reverse mortgage from HomeEquity Bank.
You will NOT be deemed eligible if:
• You have an existing reverse mortgage from HomeEquity Bank
• You have an existing application which has been received by HomeEquity Bank prior to October 1, 2020
• You do not qualify for or your reverse mortgage from HomeEquity Bank does not fund by November 20, 2020
You are responsible to pay for the home appraisal and any other costs associated with the process of obtaining your reverse mortgage.
The $500 Visa gift card will be mailed to your home address within 60 days from the date your reverse mortgage funded as per HomeEquity Bank’s records. The $500 Visa gift card is subject to the restrictions set out in the Terms & Conditions accompanying the $500 Visa gift card.
General Terms and Conditions
1. This Offer is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions the Bank makes with respect to all aspects of this Offer are final and binding on all clients without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility of any person. By participating in this Offer, You are agreeing to be legally bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”).
2. The Bank reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Offer, or to amend these Terms, in any way without prior notice or obligation for any reason whatsoever. The Bank reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates, time frames and/or other Offer mechanics stipulated in these Terms, to the extent necessary, as a result of any circumstances which, in the opinion of the Bank, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of this Offer as contemplated in these Terms, or for any other reason.
3. The Bank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Offer or to be acting in violation of these Terms of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Offer may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Bank’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
4. You agree to release and hold harmless the Bank, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and Offer suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Offer or receipt or use or misuse of any Offer.
5. The Bank shall not be liable for: (1) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unreliable, garbled or unintelligible entries or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (2) telephone systems, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (3) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (4) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a finder’s fee, or from participation in the Offer, that were not reasonably foreseeable to the Bank at the relevant time; (5) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors on any websites or materials associated with the Offer; or (6) claims, demands, and damages in disputes among participants of the Offer.
6. The Bank shall not be liable to any participants of the Offer for failure to supply any finder’s fee, or any part thereof, by reason of any act(s) of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, tornado, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the Released Parties' control.
8. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions as provided in these Terms and disclosures or other statements contained in any Offer-related materials, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Terms shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English and French version of these Terms, the terms and conditions of the English version of these Terms shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. If any term and or section in these Terms is to the extent illegal, otherwise invalid, or incapable of being enforced, such term and/or section shall be excluded to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability. All other terms/sections hereof shall remain in full force and effect; and to the extent permitted and possible, the invalid or unenforceable term/section shall be deemed replaced by a term/section that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid or unenforceable term/section.
11. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Bank in connection with the Offer shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
12. Trademarks are owned by the Bank or related entities.
13. You are responsible for any income tax liability arising from the Offer. The Bank does not issue tax receipts.
14. By accepting this Offer, you agree that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be bound by them.